One of the biggest challenges at night with an Action Camera is getting clear footage. Fortunately, you don’t have to spend a lot to get it! Check out these 12 choices and consider which one is the best for you.
If you’ve spent a lot of time taking footage but can’t seem to get that perfect shot of the night sky, then it might be time to buy an Action Camera Flashlight.
Action cameras are great for daytime use, but not as good at night because of their small lenses and sensors. Unlike DSLRs, action cameras do not have a built-in flash. As such, you will need to rely on a continuous light source — an on-camera light.
If you frequently shoot video footage in different lighting conditions, consider attaching a LED flashlight to your camera.
Some cameras can function underwater too, but they don’t always work the way you might hope.
If you want an additional way to light up your shots, you might need to purchase an additional housing, or “media mod”, which should also offer some protection for your camera.
Other action camera flashlights have “cold shoe” mounting “fingers,” so you’ll be able to use them with your favorite mounts.
Let’s take a closer look at the best products for 2023 on Actioncamerazone.com.
TOP 12 Effective Action Camera Flashlights
- 120 LED Light, CRI95 – 120 SMD lamp beads, apply to portraits, children’s, weddings, new photography, etc.
- Soft light protects your eyes – included silicone cover makes the light softer and more natural.
- Optional shooting effect – camera light comes with 6 color filters (pink, red, yellow, purple, green, and blue). You can change the color of the light through the 6 kinds of filters to create cool photos and videos.
- Steplessly dimmable from 3200 to 6500 k — cold and warm Bi-color temperature and brightness are adjustable in one switch. 3100mAh capacity rechargeable battery.
- The compact design is easier to install and does not interfere with other accessories.
- LED waterproof fill light, simple and elegant design, waterproof depth up to 60 m, suitable for use in various environments.
- A variety of lights are suitable for different scenarios, white light: strong light-weak light-flash-light off-cycle switching; dual color light: red and blue with off-cycle switching.
- Adopt high-brightness LED light chips, high efficiency, energy savings, and minimal light loss, making the shooting effect more realistic and the picture more vivid.
- The shell is made of PC and aluminum alloy composite material for strong drop resistance, heat resistance, flame retardancy, flexibility, better protection of the built-in light chip, extended service life, lightweight, and ease of carrying.
- Suitable for photography, video, underwater exploration, and entertainment. Make lighting and filling light available in your daily life.
- 100 High CRI95+ LED Beads & Soft Light Boars – The VIJIM VL100C on camera video light adopts 100pcs High-Quality Color Rendering Index 95+ beads and the Max Brightness of up to 900Lm(2500K-6500K), lager lighting angles up to 120°. Design with soft light board, make supplement light softer and not dazzling, offer wonderful lighting at an affordable price
- Three color modes are adjustable – the camera photo light provides 50 white light beads and 50 warm light beads with a color temperature of 2500K–6500K. Warm light, natural light, and cold light: depending on the application scenario, you can quickly adjust the wheel.
- Built-in 2000mAh Rechargeable Battery – The rechargeable camera light is a built-in 2000mAh rechargeable lithium battery, charging time is 3 hours, with maximum brightness output of up to 120 minutes, and minimum brightness output of up to 480 minutes. It supports with type c charging port, 3.7V 6W output, safer and more convenient to use. You also can use it while charging
- Rich Expandability & Multi-Mount – 4 Cold shoe mounts allow you to attach microphones, fill lights, and other shooting accessories. The mini video light is equipped with a universal hot shoe adapter that can be attached to a camera, tripod, microphone mount, light stand, or other support using the 1/4-inch screw on the bottom. It can also adjust the angle to achieve better lighting effects
- 95 colors allow for limitless creativity
- Color temperatures range from 2,500 to 9,000 K
- A powerful lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 2000 mAh lasts for 10 hours
- On-the-go charging through a USB-C connector
- Connect three different accessories
- Waterproof depth: 35M
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Battery 1050 mAh
- Lumen: 500LM
- Waterproof: 50M
- Built-in 2600 Mha lithium battery
- 84-leds high-brightness
- Color temperature 5500k
- 4 lighting modes:
- High light mode: Use about 2.5 hours
- Mid light mode: about 3.5 hours
- Low light mode: about 5 hours
- SOS mode: about 9 hours.
- Materials: Stainless steel + PC material
- Dimension: 4.33 x 3.93 x 2.16 inch
- Color: Black
- This LED Video Light includes an RGB Mode, which means that the ratio of light colors may be freely adjusted, allowing you to achieve any lighting color you desire.
- This light’s CRI (color rendering index) is more than 95, making it a professional photographic light for video and picture studios.
- It has a variety of lighting effects, whether used as a fill light or a mood light. The customizable lighting effects and colors will never let you down.
GoPro Hero 10/8/9/7/6 Camera 30M Waterproof Diving LED Light Flash Lamp. This light will constantly brighten up your film whether you are underwater, on land, or in a dimly lit space.
- Because of its unique design and sealing mechanism, this light is waterproof to 30 meters.
- A special dual port tripod adapter that includes a side light fill light.
- Three lighting modes (up to 300 lumens)
- The mounting solution is compatible with GoPro cameras and other action cameras.
- Battery: 3-7V 1000mah (rechargeable lithium polymer battery)
- Output: 70-300 lumens
- Charging time: 40 minutes
- Working Time: Around 2 hours
- 65 Minutes of Working Time at Full Output
- Portable and Mini Size
- 10 Kinds of Effects
- Stepless Dimming
- Strong Magnet
- LCD Display Screen
The Ulanzi L2 RGB COB Video Light is a full-color 360-degree light with HSI mode and full-color gamut tuning. With its 11 dynamic light effects, you can easily imitate genuine scene lighting and expand your creativity. The OLED HD display displays all accessible parameters, and the cube’s standard 1/4″ threaded hole allows it to be mounted on the most common mounts.
- Magnetic Fast Charging
- There is no need to dismantle the rear cover; charge the light in just one second. (Full Charge in 2.5h)
- High Capacity Battery
- Built-in 2500mAh Battery, provides a longer operating duration and more brightness
- Mount Whatever You Want
- Built-in different mount adapters, it is compatible with additional accessories. (1/4″ Adapter, Cold Shoe, Cold Shoe Mount)
- Work with a variety of devices. It works with Canon, GoPro, cell phones, waterproof cameras, action cameras, and other devices
- The LED video light has four adjustable brightness levels and an SOS mode. Select the desired brightness by using 28 high-brightness lamp beads with 120 lumens at 0.5 meters.
- A built-in rechargeable battery with a runtime of up to 3 hours, a 120° light angle, and a type-C port that supports charging while in use.
- This camera video light includes a cold shoe mount, allowing you to mount it directly to a camera, such as a Sony a6400, a6500, or a6600 rx100vii (m1-m6) ZV1 or a Canon G7X Markiii, and it also works with a DjI Osmo Action Pocket 2 and a Samsung Galaxy S4 for YouTube vlogs.
- Perfect compatibility with Gopro Max, Hero 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, Hero 2018, Hero Session, Hero 4, 3+, 3, 2, Hero 4 Session, Hero 5 Session, Hero +, Hero + LCD, and Other Action Cameras
- It measures 56.7*35*25mm and weighs 29g, making it ideal for outdoor activities, hiking, and travel.
- Luminous flux 300LM. Weight 272g.
- Brightness adjustable: long-press the button to cycle between low and high brightness levels and bright flashing light with a simple changeover between flash modes in seconds.
- It has an aluminum casing that is waterproof up to 100 meters and may be used for night diving without fear of water damage.
- Compatible with: GoPro, SJCAM, Xiaomi Yi, and other cameras similar to GoPro.
- Protection class: IP67. It implies that the housing is entirely protected against dust and humidity inside the housing, and it also allows for short-term immersion in water to a depth of one meter, ensuring the housing’s hermetic sealing.
We hope that this guideline has assisted you in selecting the finest action camera flashlight for your needs. We also have more action camera articles, such as Top 10 Action Cameras for 2023, and Top 10 Action Camera Accessories for 2023, maybe you will like them. That’s all we have for now. Have fun recording. Please share this article if you enjoyed it!
Frequently asked questions
How to Make the Most of an Action Camera Flashlight?
Here are some helpful hints for capturing razor-sharp film or images with an action camera flashlight:
White Balance – The color temperature of many action camera flashlights may be adjusted. Make sure your action camera’s white balance is set correctly.
Diffusers – To lighten the shadows, attach a diffuser to your action camera flashlight. Make sure you alter the beam strength to compensate.
Extra-long battery life – If your action camera flashlight has a removable battery or a power bank to replenish the built-in battery, bring extra batteries to avoid running out of power.
Save battery – Not all low-light conditions are created equal. While shooting at night or in complete darkness may necessitate full power, most action camera flashlights allow you to lower the brightness. A low setting may be sufficient for a sunset or inside the scenario, and it will significantly extend the life of your battery. Also, while you’re not filming, be sure to switch off the action camera flashlight.
ISO – Using an action camera flashlight will help you to avoid making noise in low-light and night photos. So, take advantage of it by decreasing your ISO settings.
Shutter Speed – The faster you can adjust the shutter speed on your action camera flashlight, the more powerful it is. This means you can freeze your subject while still capturing crisp shots.
Aperture – If the action camera flashlight’s brightness is insufficient, consider increasing the aperture to allow in more light. If you can adjust the brightness, you can close the aperture to produce a deeper depth of field.
What Are The Drawbacks of Using a Flashlight With Your Action Camera?
Before you can take another snap or video, you must wait for the flash to recycle. If you’re trying to capture a fast-paced action scenario, this might be irritating.
It has the potential to add weight and girth to your setup. This might be an issue if you want to keep your system as small and portable as possible.
Overexposure: Using a flashlight might overexpose your recordings if you’re not careful. Because the flashlight’s brightness might wash out the film.